Monday, June 4, 2012

A little bat that came to visit.

At dawn each day the birds outside make quite unusual if not very loud song. We see little birds that look a bit smaller than chickens searching for food.
Of course there's moths and other insects flying around, sometimes in the house...There's small holes everywhere in an old place like this which will take us some time to get to all of.

One evening I could hear something occasionally hitting the ceiling and wondered what it was.
It turned out to be a baby bat that had probably come in through an open door. When I put the lights on to watch it, the poor little creature gripped onto one of the beams and huddled silently for the rest of the night.

The next day it made it's way into our bedroom. I got a glass and a book to carefully catch it, then my daughter & I studied it before taking it out into the forest to set it free.





I had her lift off the glass, but it wouldn't fly away. Eventually we left, hoping nothing would eat the poor bugger.
He just lay there trembling from the ordeal.

I returned after 15 minutes to find him gone. Now don't eat all our blueberries and raspberries!




No comments:

Post a Comment